AccuVax Availability Announcement
New Automated Vaccine Management System Set to Revolutionize Vaccine Storage and Handling[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]First Units Rolling Out to Practices and Health Systems across the Country, Streamlining Vaccine Workflow and Simplifying Compliance with CDC Recommendations for Storage and Handling.
SAN DIEGO, CA — TruMed® Systems today announced the introduction and commercial availability of the AccuVax® Vaccine Management System. The AccuVax Vaccine Management System streamlines vaccine workflow, saves nursing time, minimizes vaccine waste, safeguards vaccine potency, and helps protect against medical errors. The system, which is being shipped to medical practices and major health systems across the country, will be on display this week at the American Academy of Pediatrics 2017 National Conference & Exhibition [booth #507] in Chicago.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
AccuVax has really helped us reduce that administrative burden, as well as protect the integrity of the vaccines that we give to our patients. The result is a more efficient practice setting, greater piece of mind and improved patient care and safety.
– Regional Manager of Nursing & Clinical Support, AltaMed Health Services [/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Vaccines are one of the most significant public health successes and have helped save millions of lives. Yet, lapses in handling can render a vaccine ineffective and may leave people unprotected or needing revaccination, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Inventory losses due to power failure, improper storage and expired doses are common,and have created challenges for even the most advanced p ractices and health systems.
“We developed the AccuVax Vaccine Management System to solve the many challenges experienced by virtually all organizations that vaccinate,” said Jesper Jensen, CEO of TruMed Systems of San Diego, CA. “This system allows healthcare professionals to spend more time on higher value tasks such as caring for their patients and helps improve their bottom line by reducing or eliminating losses from waste and expiry.”
AccuVax offers key advantages over conventional vaccine refrigeration and st orage practices. The system automates time-consuming storage, handling, and documentation tasks. It also dramatically simplifies compliance with CDC guidelines, as well as the requirements of the federally funded vaccine program.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
- Automates vaccine workflow and frees up nursing time to focus on patient care by replacing manual record keeping required to rotate stock, maintain supply and record temperatures;
- Electronically tracks all vaccine stock, allowing easier billing reconciliation, simplifying reordering, and virtually eliminating medical errors by preventing the dispensing and use of incorrect or expired vaccines;
- Protects vaccine integrity and helps ensure patients receive vaccine at optimal potency by eliminating the storage door, which with a traditional refrigerator exposes vaccine to fluctuating ambient temperatures;
- Eliminates costly inventory loss from power outage with at least nine hours of integrated battery backup and through 24/7 monitoring;
- Separates vaccine stock provided by publicly funded vaccination programs from those intended for private use; and
- Secures vaccines in a fingerprint-accessed and controlled environment
Nurse managers at AltaMed Health Services in Los Angeles who participated in the pilot say implementing AccuVax into their practice was the best thing they ever did for their vaccine workflow and management, according to Marie Hoang Le, MSN, PHN, RN, AltaMed’s Orange County Regional Manager of Nursing & Clinical Support.
“Manually managing the vaccine stock in our clinics, especially complying with VFC requirements, eats up an incredible amount of time that could be better spent providing care to our patients,” said Marie Le. “AccuVax has really helped us reduce that administrative burden, as well as protect the integrity of the vaccines that we give to ourp atients. The result is a more efficient practice setting, greater piece of mind and improved patient care and safety.”
AltaMed has placed units in 16 of its community clinics to maintain a running inventory of more than 8,600 vaccine doses, and has stored and dispensed more than 25,000 vaccine doses just in the past four months.
“Providers like AltaMed Health Services are leading the way in vaccine safety and workflow, and we are happy to see that private medical offices, community clinics, academic medical centers, and integrated healthcare systems are all finding AccuVax valuable,” said Jensen.
AccuVax is available as a monthly subscription, requiring no down payment and no capital expense. Currently, TruMed Systems is offering a risk-free trial period for certain customers.
Released on Business Wire, September 14th, 2017 at 8 a.m. ET[/vc_column_text][vc_btn title=”SEE FULL PRESS RELEASE” style=”outline-custom” outline_custom_color=”#666666″ outline_custom_hover_background=”#0fadc6″ outline_custom_hover_text=”#ffffff” shape=”round” i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-sign-out” add_icon=”true” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fwww.businesswire.com%2Fnews%2Fhome%2F20170914005733%2Fen||target:%20_blank|”][/vc_column][/vc_row]